India, a country filled to the brim with assorted varieties! Varieties of food, culture, language, traditions, and dressing styles. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari, from Mizoram to Rajasthan, one can see uniqueness at every 50km.
Bollywood industry has wonderfully showcased this diversity through the fantastic movie PK, which shows how an alien or an outsider was entirely flummoxed by the Indian cultural diversity. Oh yes! this is our India, and this kind of diversity can only be seen in our country. White, a color worn as a sign of mourning in the north, is regarded as an auspicious color in the south. No matter how diversified we are, Indian culture and its uniqueness are appreciated by ancient as well as the modern world.
One of the trendiest clothing in Indian culture is Saree, having various hues, quality, styles blended with enormous emotions attached to it. This piece of clothing style has taken not only the heart of millions of Indian women but also foreigners. Today, with pride! We showcase how the numero uno, Hollywood stars have chosen to indulge in Indian culture by wearing the Saree; bowled over everyone with their grace and style:
- OPRAH WINFREY: An actress, television producer, an altruist, host of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and an extraordinary African American personality of the twentieth century came to India to attend an event organized by Parmeshwar Godrej. She wore an Indian saree and delighted every Indian.
- VENUS WILLIAMS: One of the best-known tennis players, Venus Williams came to India for the Bangalore Fashion Show and in spite of being a sportsperson who is accustomed to western dressing inspired and mesmerized everyone with her Indian look. Her acceptance of the Indian attire made us proud and her Bollywood dance moves were the center stage of attraction in the entire event.
- ELIZABETH HURLEY: The entire Hollywood acknowledges her magnificence, the main cast in Wonder Women 2011, Elizabeth Hurley attended a Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon awareness event held in Mumbai. As a westerner, who is not familiar with the Saree managed it with super elegance, panache and aplomb !!!!
- JESSICA ALBA: One of the finest on-screen personalities of the 21st Century, Jessica Alba carried the Indian saree so superbly, nobody had ever thought it was possible. The passion and love of our culture can be judged when these celebrities visit India and wear saree as a lasting memory for their lifetime.
- NAOMI CAMPBELL: British supermodel who enchanted everyone around in Lakme Fashion Week in India. Guess what she was wearing? A Saree! Take a look of an ideal example of smoldering beauty with elegance.
Believe it or not – “Indian saree” was mentioned in one of the oldest literature in the world – Rig Veda and since then it is the first choice of many ladies for various occasions, and they adore their wardrobes with it. Bhai ki Shadi wali saree, school ke goodbye wali saree, new office ke function vali saree, Shaadi Ke bad first karvachauth vali saree because they know very well Life isn’t perfect, but the outfit can be!